Duration: 6 months, pending additional funding
Time: 10 hours per week
Start Date: 1 May, 2023 or later
The International Coalition of Library Consortia (ICOLC) is an informal, self-organized network currently comprising approximately 200 library consortia in North and South America, Europe, Australia, Asia, and Africa. The member consortia serve all types and sizes of libraries. ICOLC supports participating consortia by facilitating discussion on issues of common interest, hosting regular online and in-person events for members throughout the year, and supports ongoing communication through a listserv and website.
Program Coordinator Role
ICOLC seeks a 10 hour per week Program Coordinator to play a key role in managing its routine operations. The position may be extended past the initial 6 months, pending additional funding.
The Program Coordinator will be a fully remote, independent contractor of ICOLC’s administrative host, Lyrasis, a non-profit US consortium based in Atlanta, Georgia. The Program Coordinator will report to the co-chairs of ICOLC’s Coordinating Committee. Continued funding for this position is contingent upon the establishment of a membership dues program and the collection of funds.
The Program Coordinator will provide coordination and administrative support to advance the work of ICOLC including, but not limited to, the following activities:
- Coordinating activities of the Coordinating Committee under the direction of the Committee’s co-chairs, including convening meetings (primarily online), providing logistical support, coordinating Committee member elections, preparing the agenda for monthly meetings, and preparing background materials as needed
- Using existing data and input gathered from the community, assist the Coordinating Committee in the development and implementation of a membership program that will provide ICOLC with funds to support operational activities in the future
- Facilitating the work of various working groups as a non-voting ex officio member, in coordination with the working group conveners
- Managing the internal and external communications and documentation of ICOLC
- Maintaining access to and archives of ICOLC documentation
- Maintaining the ICOLC website including posting documentation
- Maintaining the subscriber list for the ICOLC member listserv and access rights to the Members Only section of the ICOLC website
- Working with the co-chairs of the Coordinating Committee to prepare and disseminate regular communications and updates to ICOLC members
- Work with the fiscal host, Lyrasis, to monitor financial account and provide reports for the Coordinating Committee
- Proven ability to work independently and set priorities with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated experience administering and managing effective programs
- Excellent speaking, writing and presentation skills in English as demonstrated by the ability to understand, articulate and effectively communicate concepts, ideas and issues
- Demonstrated knowledge of library consortia issues and environment
- Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate communications and meetings in various time zones
- Someone who enjoys using organizational skills to help others collaborate
Conditions of Contract
The position is a remote independent consultant in contract with Lyrasis, at an hourly rate of $52 USD/hr. Taxes, workspace, internet connectivity, and equipment are the responsibility of the independent contractor. Continued funding is dependent upon the establishment of a membership dues program.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and contact information for three (3) professional references to:
Teri Gallaway (email@example.com) and Pim Slot (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Co-Chairs of the ICOLC Coordinating Committee
In the cover letter, please describe how your experience relates to this position and explain your interest in the work of ICOLC. Review of applications will begin on 20 April, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled.